Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Things you Pray For

Have you ever prayed for something and mean it with all of your heart and then move on with your life and not really thinking about it again? I have been reminded during my devotions recently that I prayed in college that the Lord would allow me to see Him in a real way after talking to a friend and seeing how his family depended on the Lord for everything even the food on their table. I read the biography of George Muller a few years ago and I thought what an incredible man of faith and his calm dependancy on the Lord for his every need. I deep down craved for the confidence of faith for even the basic necessities. Well, the Lord has been answering that prayer. I think people with a pay check can take the provision that they have for granted. I know I did when I worked. Being married to a wonderful man that serves others for a living as a hair stylist has given me the most wonderful thing.... utter dependancy on the Lord for the provisions of the most basic things. Nothing is greater than growing closer to the Lord and growing in faith. I also have grown to value everyone that has a job that is serving other people. I no longer take them for granted because I know that they work hard for their money and the price you pay is how they pay their bills. I use to be a cheap tipper if I tipped at all. Now, I tip generously knowing that a tip means so much to that person more than anything that you can give them as a gift because that tip can pay a bill or buy food. More than that to be able to pray and thank the Lord for the food on the table and mean it with all of your heart is something I wouldn't trade for anything this world affords to give. The economy may effect cash flow, whether it be bountful or scarce, but it doesn't diminish the joy and gratitude and dependency on the Lord for all that He provides both physically and spiritually. To have your eyes on Jesus at all times is the place to have them because storms may come in life and you want to be fixed on the Rock of the Lord Jesus where the storm doesn't feel so rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment