Thursday, June 4, 2009

Keeping your eyes on Jesus

The family of God is so beautiful. They are more dear to me than family by blood. People say the bond by blood is thick, but I believe the bond through the blood of Christ is thicker. The body of Christ has something in common we are all sinners saved by grace. We share a love for our Savior and a deep desire to follow Him in obedience.
Yesterday I was struggling with the fact I am still not better. I called my friend and sister in Christ who has experienced similar things and she was their to lift me up and told me to maditate on a verse and talk to God throughout my day especially when things are tough. I followed her suggestions. Can I say the hymn "Turn your eyes upon Jesus" took place in my life that day. "Turn your eyes upon Jesus look full in His wonderful face and the things of earth grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace." Joy returned to my heart as my eyes got fixed on my dear Savior's face. Nothing else mattered anymore. That is the beautiful thing about the family of God. To be there for one another and to help each other keep our eyes on Jesus. As we draw near to Jesus the more in love with Him we become. As another great hymn says, "I'd rather have Jesus than silver and gold. I'd rather have Jesus than riches untold. I'd rather have Jesus than anything this world affords to give."
I am so thankful that God chose me, redeemed me, adopted me and made me His own. - a daughter of the King of kings and Lord of lords.

No comments:

Post a Comment