Friday, December 11, 2009

The Lord Never Forsakes His Own

Now, no one would argue that these are tough times in America.  It seems like every day I hear of someone losing their job or a store is closing.  It is so easy to fall into depression.  For believers we are to hope in God.  Easier said than done when you are wondering how the bills will be paid, you have to cancel doctor appointments because you don't have the co-pays or how to even feed your family.  I was reading in Psalm 77 and a devotional from Charles Spurgeon.  I really enjoy the psalms of Asaph.  He writes what we all feel and think at times but don't speak for fear of what others may think.  In the beginning of the psalm Asaph writes his complaint to God, but he doesn't stay their he remembers the works of God in the past and ends up hoping in God and praising Him.  It is okay to pour your heart out before God and show your pain.  Just don't stay there.  Remember the faithfulness of God in the past and how He has never forsaken His own. Then put your hope in God.  I quote to son all the time "In everything give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thess 5: 18 and one of my favorites "Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say Rejoice!" Phil 4:4.  For the believer going through tough financial times you can say, "I am broke, but I have joy in my Savior because I know He will take care of me."  Maybe you are struggling with your health you can say, "My body may be falling apart, but I have joy in my Savior because He is here with me giving me strength for today."  We have a lot to rejoice about!  We have our salvation, our hope, our inheritance that is ours in Christ Jesus, for His promises, for His love and just for Him.  Truly Christ is joy to the World.!  Rejoice everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment