Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Beware of False Teachers

Most people when they go to church assume that everyone that is at church is a true follower of Jesus Christ.  Well, just to let you know in case you didn't know there are a lot of nonbelievers in church.  Some people are seeking for the truth of the gospel, some go to church because that is what they have done their whole life, but the most scary are the false teachers.  They come into a church and appear like a sheep and are usually the most unassuming people, but they come for the sole purpose to target the weak or new Christians and either takes a role as a Sunday School teacher, Bible Study leader or becomes a "friend".  These false teachers will start out sounding correct but will eventually start inserting false teaching by twisting scripture or finding a way to justify sinful behaviors.  That is why Paul talked about to beware of false teachers so much.  They can devastate a church by destroying marriages, cause young believers to sin, and split churches.  That is why churches need to be so diligent to make sure they practice church discipline.

Be diligent in measuring everything you hear with the Word of God.  When I was 26 because of an experience in my life I have come to a decision that I hold fast to.  I will be always faithful to my husband but I will only be loyal to my LORD and Savior Jesus Christ.  Loyalty requires pledging an allegiance to someone.  I cannot have loyalty to a person because they can lead you astray and they will try to take you with their false doctrine.  I purposed in my heart I will always stay firm for the Lord no matter what.  That decision cost me everything because I had to stand up to someone who was wanting me to embrace an idea that was contrary to the Word of God and I told this person no matter how long you try to brain wash me (which was a couple of hours) I will never embrace what you're saying.  This person next tried to destroy my marriage.  I knew I must be submissive to my own husband and cleave to him.  The cost for obedience to Christ and standing firm on the Word of God?  Everything.  My husband stood by me and I had a baby at the time but it cost me my side of the family.  Stand firm for Christ and have only loyalty for Him.  Most of all beware of the false teachers because they appear as wolves in sheep's clothing.  Be a defender of the truth of God's Word!  If you suffer for the sake of the gospel count it a blessing.