Friday, August 7, 2009

My Heavenly Father

I love children's simplicity. I heard my two older boys talking. Gabriele says to Gianluca "God is my Father" and Gianluca says "God is my Father too. Papa' is coming home Sunday and he is my best friend." My children are beginning to understand that God is to be our Father though they don't understand the gospel yet. It is an awesome thing to have God as your Heavenly Father. To see Him as He really is not as human fathers that are fallible but holy and righteous and perfect.

How often I find joy, comfort, and peace in the time I spend with my Heavenly Father. So many days in my study of God's Word He shows me exactly what is needed for the moment. The joy to be able to go to God at anytime for help when the day is hard or praise when you see God at work or thank Him for an answer to prayer or when He grants you a gift whatever that may be. When I get to spend time with my Heavenly Father I feel like time stands still. There are so many hymns I love but one of them is In The Garden. It describes how it feels to spend time with my Heavenly Father and my Savior.

Knowing God is my Father makes everything in life to make sense. When trials come I can embrace it because I know God loves me and He is conforming me to His image. Everything in life is ment to draw us closer to God and conformed to His image. I have been reading John Pipers book Desiring God. Nothing is more wonderful than to find your greatest pleasure in God. I want my life to be lived as a living sacrife to the Glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment